28 October 2008

I am a wussy girly tourist

10/28/08, 8:30 pm
Well, I am a wuss. After spending a purported “Happy Hour” sitting in the “authentic English pub” in the hotel with my Amstel Light , watching the disco ball dance its small dots of light over the (empty) dance floor, while watching a clip of pop artists play on the big screen behind the (empty) stage, I gave up for the night. Couldn’t handle any more excitement. The irony of watching John Denver (dead) singing “Take me home, country roads” while listening to what sounded like a pair of loud Texans at the bar was just too much for me. Didn’t go out to eat. (Don’t tell anyone, but I bought Kentucky Fried chicken back to my room, and am now eating and getting ready to do some prep work for my first class. Ah, the excitement! Not nearly as good as Mom’s fried chicken, but at least it’s a meal… sort of.)

No comments: