28 October 2008

I'm here... finally!

10/28/08, 2:35 am [Bahrain time, to be abbreviated as BT; seven hours to the “future” of Bentley time during Daylight Savings Time]
Well, I have just arrived… late, as mentioned. (Over 24 hours from my door at home to my new home-away-from-home doorway!)
So - - late, yes. And tired and groggy. And curious about this place where I am – being full night, all I have seen is buildings, the ubiquitous cranes (metal, not birds!), palm trees and lights… Lots of lights. Neon lighting the upper reaches of some of the towers, street lights… While I could see many huge stars from the plane, now – no stars; just neon and office lights and street lights. But very cool buildings!
The hotel appears to be gorgeous; my room certainly is (And it’s now Pineo-approved; see the picture). And the hotel is quite popular. The entire flight crew from my so-long KLM flight from Amsterdam walked into the lobby just as I was heading for the elevator.
The bed is hard; the pillows are soft and many in number. There is bottled water, and all is right with the world.
I am – so far – extremely comfortable. Right from the moment I walked through security at the airport on my way to the luggage pick-up, and I set off the alarm (forgot I had my wallet on me), and I walked back and started to show them what it was, and the nice gentlemen just smiled and waved me through. (Of course, it WAS 2 a.m., after all!) The desk people and concierge at the hotel are fantastic, and I am happy.


Pineo approves of his private soaking tub...
And I think the pool looks quite inviting during the day...

No comments: