04 November 2008

Election day!

11/4/08 9:50 BT
Get out there, and vote early, vote often!
It is fascinating to be here in the Arabian Peninsula during this election - I can't believe just how interested the world is in our presidential election... In fact, just a short while ago (at 9:10 am, my time, to be exact) I saw, on the TV in the lounge, the results for Dixville Notch, for goodness sakes! Made me laugh. Really?? This is how we're being displayed in the world? (Okay, I'll admit it - it was CNN International.)
But tonight I will watch the reporting on election results on Al Jazeera television, which should be intriguing. And that means I'll be up all night, as 8 pm your time is 4 am my time...
It's fun listening to people talking in Arabic, and then suddenly hearing"Obama" or "McCain"... apparently, everyone is talking about our politics.

Guess it's time to get my act together - today is an off day, so I will hit the pool, and hit the computer. I have an exam to write!

No comments: