30 October 2008

Just another school day



10/30/08 2:30 pm
I think I am going to have to suck it up and pay for internet access in my room – Bentley doesn’t seem to want to take on the cost, but I can’t stand the thought of not being able to be online for the next two days (two days free – yay!!!). I think Saturday I am going gift shopping at the women’s craft expo, which fortuitously happens to be at the right time of year. Maybe check out the Grand Mosque, if I can find out info or get a guide. The mosques look amazing, and the times of prayer give me the chills. Somewhere between an orthodox church service sound (or Mass being delivered in Latin?), and something out of an Orwell novel. The call to prayer (the prayer itself? I am a bit unclear still) is broadcast from each mosque over loudspeakers five times a day. This lovely, yet somehow dirge-like chant-ish prayer being loudly sent out to the world… very unusual, very sort of sci-fi, and yet strangely calming.
Pictures are from inside the wall around the school (BIBF) – palm trees mixing with what looks like azalea plants.


I am going to SO miss Halloween!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rick's Photo Blog said...

I'm enjoying reading of your adventure, Anna. By the way - if those flowering things have sharp thorns, they are Bougainvillea - beautiful when flowering, but painful to prune. - Rick O (back at BentleyUS)

GeoGuppy said...

Hah! So you like Enya?
:)
I am almost embarrassed to know you're reading this - you, I am CERTAIN, have had FAR greater adventures in the Peninsula!